I’m Jen van der Meer, founder and CEO of Reason Street.
We help people and companies find the right business model.
I’m like you. I want to change the world for the better. But too often I see innovative ideas veering off the path to profitability, especially as organizations struggle to adapt to constant change.
I know from experience that developing the right business model is one of the very best things you can do for your organization. What we offer is a creative and collaborative method for understanding who you want to serve, how you want to serve, and why you want to serve.
- I’m a former Wall Street analyst. I covered the tech industry at the time of the Netscape IPO
- I’ve helped more than a hundred Fortune 1000 companies—including Disney, GE, Target, Toyota, and Nestlé—adapt to new technology.
- I’ve been an executive at Organic (during the emergence of e-commerce) frog design (during the rise of design-thinking), and Luminary Labs (during the acceleration of the health-tech sector). At all three I gained a reputation for leading profitable, high-scale growth.
- I first got involved in business-model development at my social-data company, Drillteam. A venture-capital-backed start-up, it was acquired in 2011 by Dachis Group (now Sprinklr).
- I’m an angel investor in and advisor to several companies in the health and social impact fields.
- I’m an adjunct professor at New York University’s graduate ITP Interactive Telecommunications Program, where I teach systems thinking and Lean Launchpad, a course that gives students real-world experience in testing their business models. I have a diploma—and a mug!—from Steve Blank’s Lean LaunchPad Educators program. I run the ITP Pitchfest, which connects start-up-teams with potential investors, and serve as a judge, mentor, and steering-committee member for multiple NYU entrepreneurship programs and competitions.
- I received my BA in comparative religion at Trinity College in Connecticut and my MBA from HEC the École des Hautes Études Commerciales in Paris.
We help our clients find new ways to generate profit and adapt to change. Our passion and our goal is to collaborate with our clients to get them past the kind of received ideas that kill new ways of thinking and alternate models of growth. We focus on the potential growth—and threats—that digital and data-driven technologies have introduced.
We provide strategic consulting, workshops, training, and data-driven measurement systems, all with the goal of helping organizations adapt to constantly changing conditions.
What we value and what we don’t
- Independent thinking over herd mentality
- Direct experience over case studies and “best practices”
- Conscious experimentation over “That’s just how it’s done”
- Smart, fast reaction over inflexible planning
We’re here to help fix any model that isn’t working and to get you onto the path to growth. We’ve seen it succeed again and again—that testing your business-model ideas and learning from the results is the surest, wisest way to design your future.
Also, we’re looking for contract Financial Modelers who have been through design, lean startup, or early stage innovation cycles. Come learn more and send good people our way.